A Step in the Write Direction
August 31, 2015
Update: This has been a pretty quiet week for a change. Our daughter is having physical therapy for the rotator cuff surgery. It’ll be two or three weeks before she can go back to work, and then only light duty for several months….I’m enjoying the new flooring in our mobile home; seems to make the place look bigger. Will have the two bedrooms done later….The publisher has designed three new covers for A Step in the Write Direction. If you'd like to see them and tell me which one you like, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.….I went through the boxes of all my books and wrote down the number I have left. I just have 29 left of Step and 21 of the Student edition. If you’re looking for a Christmas gift for a writer friend, or if you’d like to buy some at the reduced price and resell them for a club moneymaker, Step will be $10 and Student will be $8, plus s&h. Need to get ready for the new combined book coming out soon.
Thought for the Day: “When a man or woman has the conviction that he or she is doing the work God called him to do there is a zeal in his soul that all the forces of the world cannot destroy" (Charles Stanley).
Song for the Day:
Breathe on me, Breath of God;
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.
“Breathe on me, Breath of God,” Edwin Hatch
Laugh for the Day:
Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn’t much, but the reception was excellent.
A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, “I’ll serve you, but don’t start anything.”
Good descriptive writing (from Cecil Murphey’s newsletter Writer to Writer):
Have a good week spreading the
gospel through the printed page.
Donna Clark Goodrich
· 100-Plus Motivational Moments for Writers and Speakers – half-price $5, $2.69 s&h (This is free if you purchase 5 other books.)
· A Step in the Write Direction—the Complete How-to Guide for Christian Writers—on sale--$10.00, $3.22 s&h (only 29 left)
· A Step in the Write Direction—Student Edition with assignments throughout—on sale—$8, $2.72 s&h)
· The Freedom of Letting Go (new one coming out will have discussion questions; can be used in S.S. class or small group); original copies without questions now on sale for half-price--$7.50, $2.69 s&h
· Healing in God’s Time (story of Dave Clark, composer of 26 songs that have gone to #1 on the charts); was $15; now $10, $2.69 s&h
· The Little Book of Big Laughs—105 purse/pocket-size book of clean jokes—$5; up to 4 for same s&h—$2.69
· Preparing Your Heart for Christmas (31 Advent Devotions) half-price—$5
· Michigan and Ohio Cookbooks; half-price $5 each, plus s&h (depending on number ordered)
· Grandmother, Mother, and Me—1 left, $10, $3.22 s&h